Google Cardboard Virtual Reality
Google Cardboard Virtual Reality - DIY
Fancy getting yourself a virtual reality headset but not sure which one? It's a bit early to actually buy one right now: most headsets, like the Oculus Rift, are developer's kits that cost a pretty penny. Others, like the Samsung Gear VR, don't have enough content and are pricey, too.
But there's one headset out there that is easily the most accessible, and also an arguably fun DIY project:
The kit comes as a flat pack, put it together assembly yourself kit, with all of the components to get you into the world of VR quickly.
It works with your 5" or larger Android Phone and has a barcode to enable you to easily download the Google VR APP.
Cardboard puts virtual reality on your smartphone. The Cardboard app helps you launch your favorite VR experiences, discover new apps, and set up a viewer.
Try out a set of Google app demos as well:
• Earth: Fly where your fancy takes you on Google Earth.
• Tour Guide: Visit Versailles with a local guide.
• My Videos: Watch your videos on a massive screen.
• Exhibit: Examine cultural artifacts from every angle.
• Photo Sphere: Look around the photo spheres you've captured.
• Windy Day: Follow the story (and the hat) in this interactive animated short from Spotlight Stories.