The ODROID-C0 is a computer for those who wish to make a more flexible and portable applications. It is a minimized hardware version of the ODROID-C1+. Battery power circuit is fully integrated. Just attach a 3.7V Li+ battery and make it mobile. It is highly suitable for IoT projects, wearables, and other applications that require a lightweight device.
All the ODROID-C1/C1+ OS images are fully compatible with the ODROID-C0. Some of the modern operating systems that run on the ODROID-C0 are Ubuntu, Android, Arch Linux, Debian, and OpenELEC, with thousands of free open-source software packages available. There are also plenty of custom OS available for using the ODROID-C0 as a multimedia center, Kodi, gaming station, headless server and much more at the ODROID community.
The key features and improvements over the original ODROID-C1+:
* Amlogic ARM® Cortex®-A5(ARMv7) 1.5Ghz quad core CPUs
* Mali™-450 MP2 GPU (OpenGL ES 2.0/1.1 enabled for Linux and Android)
* 1Gbyte DDR3 SDRAM
* eMMC4.5 HS200 Flash Storage slot / UHS-1 SDR50 MicroSD Card slot
* 40pin + 7pin GPIOs (unpopulated)
* USB 2.0 Host x 2 (unpopulated)
* Infrared(IR) Receiver (unpopulated)
* Li+ rechargeable battery charger for wearable and robots application
* Battery voltage level is accessible via ADC in the SoC.
* DC/DC step-down converters for higher power efficiency
* DC/DC step-up converter for 5Volt rails (USB host and HDMI) from a Li-Polymer battery
* DIY friendly C0 Connector Pack is available and included for handy prototyping
This is a perfect connector pack for various DIY projects with the ODROID-C0.
You need a soldering skill to use this pack.
Most of connectors are identical to the ODROID-C1+.
There are two different USB host connectors in this package.
If you want to make a lower profile board, use a single layer connector.
If you want to make a full connectivity, use a dual layer connector.
A. Double Layer USB Type-A 8-Pin DIP Jack Connector
B. Single Layer USB Type-A 4-Pin DIP Jack Connector
C. IR(InfraRed) Receiver Sensor
This is a remote control receiver module that can accept standard 37.9Khz carrier frequency based wireless data.
D. UART Console Connector
Molex 5268-04a(2.5mm pitch) is mounted on the PCB.
Its mate is Molex 50-37-5043 Wire-to-Board Crimp Housing.
E. 7-pin Strip Male Header
Add pins to the audio I2S interface holes in the ODROID-C0.
F. 20x2-pin Strip Male Header
Add pins to the 40pin GPIO port.
OS Image files and BSP source code are available in our WiKi : http://odroid.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=en:odroid-c1
Full User Manual : http://goo.gl/iWGYcz